From:
Charles Trammell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 01:20:34 -0500
Been lurking for a while now.  But I have a concern that no one seems to
have thought of (Maybe Bruce Williams could comment on this).  I've read the
post that ECE is (currently) not airborn.  I've also read a post that
suggested intentional exposure of ferrets to ECE at a time when they would
be better equipped to survive it.  Now I may just be paranoid (from watching
the movie "Outbreak"), but isn't it true that each carrier of a virus
provides a new possibility for that virus to mutate.  What if one of those
ferrets which is intentionally exposed is carrying the catylist (sp?) which
would cause ECE to mutate and BECOME airborn.  It's just my opinion ( and
I'm not trying to flame anyone), but if this scenario is remotely close to
reality, then intentionally exposing you fuzzies could potentially effect
the ferret world as we know it.  Dr. William's (or anyone else knowledgable
on viral mutations), I don't want to start a panic, so please comment on the
likelyhood of the aforementionned theory.

Luv & Dooks

Trammell - <Guys get off the keys>
Oingo - <Wow this one makes the blinky thing go real fast>
&
Boingo - <Get outta the way, It's my turn. Is that how you spell
"likelyhood"?>