From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:48:17 +0300
Well, I should say "Nell bath" rather than "ferret bath." I lay down
among them in their room after their PM time outside, and three of
four started to wash me! What strange fun.

I didn't realize their tongues could be raspy, but Rico went to work
that way in my right nostril. Eric decided my hair was for digging in
and gave me a vigorous scalp treatment. It made me a little nervous
when one of them worked on my eyes, but he finished them both.

Maybe soe of you remember how Philippe used to torment Lucy and had soe
sort of reading of my mind the night before I was about to drive him to
a shelter, having decided I would not bring Lucy's misery to Ethiopia?
Well, rhey are getting alonmg so well, that Lucy initiates play with
him.

Guess what -- there are fabulous European-style pastries available in
Addis. Today I bought 8 for about 9 cents each. Perhaps it derives from
the WWII occupation by the Italians. Ethiopia is proud of having never
been colonized.

Today I got my lost box back from Lufthansa. Can you believe this --
Lufthansa paid me alost $90 last week for the inconveniece of having
lost my box. It was partly split open, and when I picked it up this
aft they said to let them know if anything was missing.