From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 1996 00:02:38 -0700
>From:    Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mystery lumps
>My six year old silver has three lumps, one on her jaw, the second on her
>neck and the thrid on under her front leg.  All three are on the same side.
>The vet(s) took x-rays, nothing inside was abmormal.  The lumps show no
>bacteria nor solid matter.

I'm not sure what "no solid matter" means exactly, but I would be curious
about the possibility of Lymphosarcoma tumours.  A friend's ferret recently
developed similar lumps which, when removed and biposied, proved to be this
cancer.  The lumps also returned almost immediately.

Perhaps your vet should consider taking a biopsy of one the tumours (ie
lymph nodes, where Lymphoma tumours often appear) and seeing if this is the
problem.  We are currently treating a rescue for Lyphosarcoma with
chemotherapy (thanks to some wonderful people who contributed handsomely to
Tia's vet bill payments) and Tia is doing well.  He is putting on weight,
has developed a very nice coat and has gotten much more active recently and
is eating on his own.  We have high hopes for some success.

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver