From:
"Karen Purcell, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:59:05 +0000
Todd,

>Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the liquid form of Vitamin
>C in my area.  I do have access to caplets of 500 and 1000 mg
>strength, however. Can these be crushed and added to their water?  If
>so, I provide water in 32 ounce bottles.  How much of which size
>should I use?  Also, several ferrets use one water bottle, but they
>all probably could use the extra C, right?  Would it hurt to give a
>fert Vitamin C if they aren't ill?

*Ferrets and other animals are unlikely to drink their water if you add
things to it.  However, you can dilute/dissolve the vitamin C in water
and administer it in appropriate amounts with an oral dosing syringe.
That way you know how much each ferret is drinking, and only dosing those
that may need it.

Karen Purcell DVM
Author of Essentials of Ferrets: A Guide for Practitioners
Uxbridge, MA