From:
jonathan kivett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 03:44:16 -0400
>From: Sara Gennusa <[log in to unmask]>
>
>... I had an accident with my lil Munchkin and I need some help. While
>getting a drink from the fridge, my boyfriend accidentally stepped
>on poor Munchkin. All he told me was that he heard a crunch and the
>victim was no longer in the kitchen. ...If anyone has any suggestions
>or suffered similar accidents, please advise.

Take her to a vet NOW. Crushing injuries are very very serious. The
crunching you heard might have been a rib or two breaking. The fact
that she is "off" still means the injury was severe. She could be
bleeding internally, and in terrible pain. You will not know about
the pain until the very end, as ferrets maintain an amazing stoicism.
This is an emergency situation.