From:
lisa zeffiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:15:19 -0500
Hello all, hugs to all the fuzzies.  I just wanted to post an update
on Ruby.  Back in the fall I had posted about Ruby who was just about
a year and who had a swollen vulva.  I posted here and told the vet of
the possibilities of adrenal or a botched spay.  He didn't think it was
either.  He gave me some antibiotics which didn't work.  A few weeks
later she had puss coming from that area.  Again he gave me medicine and
that did't work.  He then did an exploritory and found she had a botched
spay...a piece of ovary was still there and she had a walnut size
infection on her uterine stump.  She is a very small ferret and had a
critical 72 hours but she pulled through and wanted to run when she came
home..but had to keep her still for 2 weeks..not easy.  Her vulva is just
about back to normal.  I had gotten her from Petco.  I called them and
they have been using pathvalley farms.  Petco also told me I should have
some sort of certificate that I would send to the company.  I told her I
had gotten 5 ferrets from there and never got anything but my reciept,
she wasn't to thrilled to here that.  They got me intouch with a company
that pathvalley deals with and they paid for the surgery, and they were
very nice.  I really like my vet and he seems to know so much, but he
didn't want to listen to me and I was right all along.  Oh well, just
so happy she is happy and healthy now.

Take care all
Fuzzy hugs
Lisa and the girls