From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 10:37:17 -0500
>From:    Paul M Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Looking for a silver mitt(?) in MA or NH
>I have been researching ferrets for many months now and this summer I hope
>to begin my ferret family.  I have seen many ferrets in the malls around
>where I live (Northern Massachusetts), but I haven't found the color that
>I am really seeking for.  I believe the correct name is Silver Mit.  The
>type of ferret I want is like Maverick here,
>http://ferretfanatic1.homestead.com/maverick.html ...

The ferret in that picture looks like a sable mitt to me.  Silver mitts
have black guard hair instead of the dark brown.  I have a silver mitt
and every year he gets lighter.  I think he will be a DEW before he dies.
I had him flown in from Path Valley Farm, 1-800-ferret-1.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde