From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 1996 21:36:20 -0500
Hi all.  Well we are off to Vegas Tuesday and the trip has started real bad.
A Plea, please watch coches, recliners and other heavy objects.  A club
member killed her ferret who just had major surgery today by accidently
moving the recliner and setting it on the ferret, needless to say it was
crushed.  She was destroyed, I went over got the ferret and took it to our
vet for creamation.  I will have nightmares for weeks of that poor little
ferrt and her mom will never be the same.  It is a preventible tradgidy, and
I am still crying over it.  We love you little Peaches.

To make matters worse we lost a baby ferret today.  He was 36 hours old, we
were trying to nurse him, because mom did not produce milk, but even with
ever 45 minute feedings, he still slipped away.  I was crushed.  And the
denver zoos polar bear baby died of pneaumonia today.  It has been a BAD
day.

Hope things start to look up, because at this rate I really do not want to
leave my fererts at the babysitters, I just want to hug and kiss them.  I
will miss them all for my 4 days away and my cats and dogs to.  Well, take
care everyone, See everyone after the expo.  Stephanie