From:
Julianne Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:30:09 -0400
Hi. I am a volunteer for our local ferret shelter, Ferrets Unlimited
in Cleveland, OH.

I get a lot of email from people looking for help promoting their
shelter or rescue organization, so I thought I would share one of the
easiest tools that I have been using recently.

It's called Squidoo, and it's a place where people can create one-page
sites on a topic of their choice. One may also designate a charity to
receive the proceeds or they may choose to just take cash.

I'm quite addicted to the service, so I have created over a dozen
lenses and groups and each one benefits Ferrets Unlimited.

I also created a shelter lens, to give a basic overview of the shelter
and I got to thinking that this might be great for all those other
shelters that just don't have the time, skills, or the money to create
their own site. You can use a lens to pull your adoptable ferrets from
petfinder, show off your products on Amazon, eBay, or Cafepress, or
just give out contact information.

Take a look at the lens I created as an example:
http://www.squidoo.com/FerretsUnlimited/news

We also have a charity headquarters on Squidoo and we are hosting a fun
little contest where you can win fun prizes for you and your ferrets.
Prizes include a gift certificate from The Ferret Store, subscriptions
to Ferrets Magazine, a fun goodies box of toys and treats, and a Flickr
Pro account.

The details are posted on the shelter headquarters at:
http://www.squidoo.com/FerretsUnlimited/hq

Come visit and even if you are not a shelter, you might want to make a
lens to show off your ferrets, promote your business, or whatever. If
you create your lens from the Ferrets Unlimited Headquarters, it enters
you in the contest, and benefits the shelter.

I would be happy to answer questions from any shelter that needs help.

Julianne Gentile, Volunteer
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org