From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 06:17:03 -0500
>Am I reading this right?  Are you saying they won't OK the quarantine yet
>on account of a test that they HAVEN'T done for dogs and cats yet?

Actually, when you consider the two european studies (fox and vole strains)
there have been 4 studies done on ferrets.  This, I believe, is more data
than there is currently for dogs and cats and quite a bit more data than
when the quarantine was set for them.

As I have said many times getting a quarantine period for ferrets has
nothing to do with not enough data.

And remember...RISK ASSESSMENT is a far more important issue than quarantine
because it would avoid the need to even get as far as making the decision to
quarantine or test.

[MD]