From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:09:39 -0700
Ok folks, quite a few of you have requested info on getting your Maltese
pennies mounted.  Here's the low-down for those of you who I haven't
already contacted privately...

I got ahold of my catalog, and it looks like Sterling silver is our best
option.  Even if it wasn't the most cost effective, it WOULD be the most
attractive, since the pennies are a brassy color, which would be
unattractive with a gold edge.

According to my catalog, we are looking at just over $3.00 per mounting.
I still have to call the company and confirm availability and pricing
info, but I see no reason it should be too different.

As far as chains go, for anything larger, I tend to always recommend
a box chain.  They are really lovely, and quite durable, due to their
construction.  I can get Sterling box chains for between $5.00 and $6.00,
in 16, 18, 20 and 24 inches.  (Prices vary per lenth, and also per
quantity ordered.  Prices indicated are based on the number of chains
I already have requests for.)

Based on what I saw at the Ferret Company link Diane posted, I could make
an identicle necklace to the one they were charging almost $50.00 for,
for around $12, and that includes the penny you buy from Diane.  :-)

Please email me if you are interested.

Melissa