From:
"Bruce H. Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 02:36:57 -0700
To Michelle Matta:

>My concern has to do with the green diarrhea.  I know the chances are
>slim to none that this other ferret has it, but let's say that it does.
>Then we bring in our 5 and they live in the same room as the infected
>ferret stayed in.  I doubt that they scrub the whole room down after
>each ferret leaves.  I'm probably being an over-protective mother, but
>do you feel this situation is safe for our ferrets?

     If that other ferret has it, chances are excellent that your ferrets
will get it.  We were able to transmit the disease to ten ferrets without
direct ferret to ferret contact - just normal maintenance and cage cleaning.
If you board, it's a calculated risk...

Bruce H. Williams, DVM         Dept. of Veterinary Pathology
Chief Pathologist, AccuPath    Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
[log in to unmask]         Washington, D.C.  20306-6000