Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 02:17:50 -0500
I ordered this food from Dr. Fosters & Smith back in December and it
was on back order until January 2nd. Then I received this email from
them:

We are contacting you in regards to the Doctors Foster and Smith
Original Ferret Diet that you have on back order with us.
Unfortunately, there have been continued delays and supply problems
with the company that produces this diet for us. At this time, we are
unsure as to when we will have the Original Ferret Diet available,
therefore, we have canceled this item from your order. Please know
that we are working diligently to have this diet available as soon
as possible.

Actually if you look at the website it's 'expected' to be available
April 2, 2012 - this is the third date they have provided, each getting
pushed back further from the one before.

I've removed this from my food mix and added the ZuPreem 40/20 Ferret
Diet. My ferrets didn't miss a beat with the food change. Ferret.com
has the ZuPreem in stock at a great price and if you are an AFA member
you also get a 10% discount on your order.

I also heard from a couple friends who used to use Superior Choice and
it seemed to be the cause of IBD in a couple of their ferrets. Once
they stopped using it the IBD cleared up. I also had a couple ferrets
with digestive problems and since removing the Superior Choice their
digestive issues have cleared up.

At this point I have stopped using any and all foods that have
'production' problems.

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets: An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book