From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:18:28 -0400
Sandi,

I am so sorry to hear of your son's accident and injuries. I have never
had a loved one in the same condition, however, I have been a Trauma
ICU nurse for many years. I DO understand what you are going through.
The best advice I can give you is to take care of YOURSELF. Your son
needs you now, but he will rely on YOU more in the future. Take
advantage of family support, counseling and clergy available at the
hospital. It may seem hard to leave the hospital to take care of the
ferrets at home, but it is a HEALTHY distraction and responsibility at
this time. Go home, spend loving time with the fuzzies, concentrate on
them while you are home. Don't just clean and feed them, let them do
what they do best- cheer you up, energize you and give YOU some love.
You need them right now MORE than they need you. Believe me!

Take care,
Lesley