Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:52:01 -0600
Hi good people,

I've been on a verbal binge lately, and will take a breather after I bring
up another question in re: potentially dangerous chemicals in our homes!
I am paranoid now, after the recent tragedies at Kevin's house.

Do any of you know anything about the bug killing chemical that is in an
item called *PRO ZAP* ??  We buy them in the summer at the hardware store,
and I don't think they are available in the winters here in snow country.
I won't be able to go to the store I purchase them from to read the
ingredients list, so if anyone out there sees his product , or sells it
where they work, please check it out .  The product lasts for up to one
year,(we have had two in our home for the last two years, so I am very
concerned that they might already have done some damage to Fang's lungs.
We thought we were being very careful when we first got the product, as the
precautions stated: not harmful to pets, but do not hang in a closet type
area where a pet may sleep or live.  One *pro zap* (about 6" long by 2"
wide) covers about 1100 sq.  feet of living quarters...the bigger units
cover a larger area.....The directions also said not to hang in a kitchen
area where food might come in contact with the product.  We have them
hanging high up on log beam corners where they can't be seen.....(one on
both levels).  These are NOT the sticky, yellow ,yukky ones that flies
cling to, but have a chemical in them that kills flies, wasps (we get a lot
of wasps in the fall) and spiders.  They are yellow, but are encased in a
white plastic lattice-looking "cover".  The bugs literally drop dead after
being exposed for a day or two to this chemical, whatever it is.  Needless
to say, I took mine down last night, and wish I had never hung them up in
the first place.  Somebody check it out if you can, and take them down if
you have them!!!