From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:27:23 -0500
Thanks, Lisette, but don't forget that treating others with respect is
a two-way street.  When you and I have disagreed we have BOTH agreed to
disagree but to be fair.  You are as much a part of those discussions
being done civilly and with humor as I am.  You tend to put a civil tongue,
kind heart, and a respectful mind long before any anger or indignation at
differing perceptions and conclusions, and that is what it takes.  It's
just a matter of putting oneself to the side for a bit, and much more
productive than those who chose the tact of hitting out like a three year
old.  Isn't this one of those things in the Book, _Everything I Need to
Know I learned in Kindergarten_" among the stuff about learning to be
less self-oriented?  Anyway... Almost anyone can do it most of the time
(allowing that everyone has off days), so I know that it must be very
disappointing for you when people don't, as it for me, because you DO work
very hard to voice your opinions in ways that don't undercut people.

On a different person's notes: I personally am very bothered when people
who do so much for us, like Bill Gruber, are treated rudely on list or off,
including when only a last name is used.  It might not bother Bill as much
because he was the target (of a person I'm not naming) and he has a kind
heart and a tolerant mind, but I know that each of us is indebted to him
and for a certain person to give rudeness instead of appreciation for his
exceedingly hard work strikes me as being selfishly narrow-sighted.

(Okay, :-) here for those who read literally -- narrow sighted refers to
behavioral rather than visual choices or abilities -- written as someone
who has lost a little bit of peripheral vision... :-))

Thanks for all the hours each and every day that you give to help ferrets
and ferret folk, Bill!