From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:58:18 EST
This has probably been the hardest thing I've ever had to do....I am going
to keep it short, because getting into it would not be good for me....

I have 9 ferrets.  I have, up until this point, pretty much relied on
outside help (financially) for them.  Basically, this help has turned their
backs on me and the guys.  I know that relying on anything or anyone is
never the smart thing to do, and I accept all fault in this.  I need to
find homes for some of the kids.  There, I said it.

Looking down the road, if they were to get sick, or when it comes time for
adrenal, and those types of diseases, I can't afford to help them.  Yes,
most of the kids are under 2, but like I said, if tomorrow they all got
sick, I don't have the money to help them.

Why 9?  Well, almost all of them were "I need to get rid of this ferret or
I'm going to have to kill it" situations.  I couldn't say no, and there was
no reason not to at the time.

This is not an urgent situation.  If I cannot find good homes for them,
then I keep them, and find a better job, etc.  Honestly, at this point
though, that has been a hard thing to do (I have been trying).

The kids up for adoption?  Madigan, 1yr, female, blaze.  Joe, 1.5yr male
siamese sable.  Phil, 1 yr male, sable mutt.  Samson, 4yr male, sable.
Calvin, 2.5yr male DEW.  Floyd (who does not like other ferrets) 2yr male,
sable.

None have ever been sick, other than Samson, who had coccidia (sp?) more
than 2 years ago.  Floyd doesn't like other ferrets, so would need to go
to a home who can deal with another shift.

can give toys, food, etc, with them.  But not their cages (I only have 3),
unless someone was to adopt a few of them into the same home.

Please, no flames.  This post must seem very cold (from me), but I am
trying to stick to the facts, and not get emotional in it.  I am in
Poughkeepsie, New York.

I will not just be giving these guys to the first person to email me.  So
please, serious inquiries only.

Thank you.