From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 11:27:42 +0100
Somehow, I missed the orginal post from which this came.....

>Why is it that most people I find posting here have one of two things to
>say.  Either they are so busy FLAMING others or they are posting endless
>drivel about every little thing that their fuzzies might have done in the
>last 24 hours?.... but really...do we need the daily postings of endless
>nonsense?  It seems to me that the hour or more some of these people spend
>to write *books* on what happened today would be a better use of time
>spent with their fuzzies in play or cuddling.

Ok guess its time I came out of the closet here.... (2nd time in my life
*g*)

Very recently. my personal life kinda took a downward turn, Bubbles is a
great help, he can always drag a smile out of his dad :o) for which I am
very thankful, but the fact is, I (and I bet a lot of others) get a lot of
pleasure out of reading about the antics of other peoples fuzzies, In the
same way that Sandees' posts often raise a tear from me... (yeah crazy isnt
it?)  Sometimes I can almost picture these little guys crossing the bridge
carrying some treasured posession with em. It was the "what my furkids did
today "posts that helped me become a "first time furdad".... it helped me
understand that I was really asking for trouble, it taught me to look again
and again at the ferret proofing I was doing prior to the arrival of my
first furkid, and helped me to be very sure that I was doing exactly the
right thing, both for myself and (more importantly) for the newest addition
to the family (now, me, Bubbles and 3 cats). My point is.. if it lightens
the tone of the list, and brightens up someones day.. and its ferret
related... why not share it?

My roomie has become used to my frequent fits of laughter as I read todays
posts, in the same way as he knows just sometimes I get really angry about
the cruelty / neglect cases that appear here.As I see it..  this list is
about "living with Ferrets", so anything posted on that subject is relavent
dammit lighten up !!  life is too short to be taken too seriously, we all
know that its a joke really :o)

As for flames..  well someties..  it just has to be done I guess.  If this
list became a cold clinical quasi scientific / veterinary list, devoid of
humour and other basic feeling, I am sure I would not be such an avid
reader.  Theres a lot of stuff I just scan..  its not relevent to a Uk
resident, maybe others need to adopt the same approach rather than
complaining about something which realy does serve a useful purpose.....
it reminds us of the great gifts of love and laughter which our fuzzies
give us.

A little side note... Furkidz has not been updated recently due to presonal
matters, and a new system going in line... getting to it real soon... sorry
about that.... sometimes life is like a box of chocolates... so how come I
get all the hard centres :o)

Time to wake me a weezil... :o) ......
Prayers and good wishes for all the sick and angelled furkidz...... and
thier hoomans...

Cris Page ('n' Bubbles, 'weally wonderful weezil)
+44 (0)1646 680530 (Home)
    (0)7967 845528 (Mobile)
www.furkidz.org.uk   (all about my li'l Warweezil and his cousins...)
www.naked-net.org.uk   (all about me....)