From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 00:40:10 EST
Gale/Jay Putt asks later in this issue if any FMLers are going to a pet show
as they'd like to say hello.

Well, at any ferret show (and probably at most any large pet show too) there
are likely to be FMLers in attendance.  Many would like to match the faces
to the email addresses and say "Hi!" to other FML subscribers.  But how to
recognize other subscribers?

I've been thinking about it for a while.  Some subscribers have suggested
wearing a badge or a symbol.  Bill Killian has designed other show pins and
offered his services.  One subscriber suggested an "FML corner" at shows.
So, the point is:  I'm open to suggestions.  I have a few ideas too, but if
you have thoughts on the issue, feel free to let me know.

I'm also pretty serious about having some sort of 10th anniversary party in
December of 1997.  Perhaps we'll have special pins for that too!  Right now
I'm toying with the idea of meeting someplace like Disneyworld for a night
of stories/dinner/whatever, but I realize concrete plans won't materialize
until we (i.e, all of you) figure out just what it is we want to accomplish.
So, suggestions are welcome here too, and eventually, your talents as well,
if appropriate.  I'll send out more info as I receive suggestions and think
things through some more, provided, of course, there is enough interest.

Thanks, as always!

Bill