From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:08:27 -0400
August 2008 News
Master Largo's
Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum jumping up and down trying to get your attention!!!

Hey everybody our club: ferret lovers club of upstate New York is
having a picnic August 23rd at Miss Stephanie's house in Greece. It is
a dish to pass event with Chicken BBQ as the main coarse; (yummy I love
chicken) Chicken will be supplied. NO I am not giving up any of my
personal stash! You can even bring a fuzz butt (s) if you want. Miss
Stephanie's E-mail address is: [log in to unmask] so you can let
her know you want to hang out with me; I mean us, she will tell you how
to get to her house. . Miss Stephanie put me down for 1 chicken please.

Suzie Q here: Oh brother here we go again; it is all about you? NOT!!
You have the picnic announced so lets get telling the news!

Possum here: Hey Suz has you heard mum muttering something about us
writing a book?

Suzie Q here: First of all how many times do I have to tell you my name
is Suzie Q; NOT Suz and mum does not mutter! I am going to tell my far
away mom Anna W. that you will not call me by my given name if you
don't stop calling me Suz!

Possum here: Man! what side of the hammock did you get up on this
morning? Mum does too mutter! I have been here longer than you and I
has heard her mutter lots! She mutters like I jump up and down for
attention.

Suzie Q here: It does not matter what side of the hammock I got up on,
you need to learn that the humans that read this news take what we say
as fact so you need to be careful what you say about our mum! As for my
name; I was given the name Suzie Q by our mum and if that is what she
wants me called then you should honor what mum wants! Besides I like my
name! Beats the dumb name Possum!

Possum here: Are you done? Can we get back to the "subject" at hand?
See I remember what I am taught; now I want to talk about mum thinking
about us writing a book, have you heard anything about that?

Suzie Q here: All I know is; there are some humans owned by ferrets and
not that have contacted mum and said they think we (you and I) should
write a book, maybe a children's book. I also know that mum keeps
saying who would want to read a book that we write.

Possum here: what? Mum don't think we could write a book? Who said they
think we should write a book?

Suzie Q here: I don't think that mum thinks we "could not" write a
book, I just think she wonders how many people would want to buy a book
we write. Let's see who thinks we should write a book; the Baker Bunch,
Miss Loana S., and now Miss Margaret G. thinks we should write a book.
They are the ones I have heard mum speak about anyway, there may be
more though.

Possum here: so humans think we should write a children's book and mum
does not think anyone would want to buy such a thing? How about we ask
all the humans that read our news what they think about us writing a
book,? that way if they think it is a good idea maybe mum will let us
do it. And maybe we can get miss sue B. to help us do illustrations'
and...

Suzie Q here: Woooooh there girl! Don't you think you are getting ahead
of yourself? What would we write about? I mean what do 2 legged furless
kids like to read about? Do they read?

Possum here: I don't know!! This was the humans owned by ferrets and
not idea! How am I supposed to know?

Suzie Q here: Oh great! You want to write a book, you even want Miss
Sue B. to help with illustrations, you want mum to let us write a book
BUT you DON'T know what we would write about? That is just POOR! What
do you say we get on with the REAL news and forget about this book
stuff?

So; mum had 12 days off from the big yellow thingy she went back to
work on July 7th we are sad but we know she needs to work so we can
eat. We understand she needs to be in and out all day long. She was
off work just 2 days and on the 3rd day she hurted her back! It was a
Saturday so she had to have a hurt back till she could get into see
the back doctor; mum calls him the bone cracker. Anyway she saw the
bone cracker on Monday then Miss Cathy R. came down with her table
on Tuesday and she worked on mum's back too. See Miss Cathy R. is a
licensed massage therapist (L.M.T.) Mum felt much better when Miss
Cathy got done with her, then mum had another appointment with the bone
cracker so she is feeling much much better. Thanks Miss Cathy R. for
maken our mum feel better!

Possum here: Hey Suzie Q, don't forget to tell the humans that Miss
Cathy's business is called "Right Touch Message Therapy".

Suzie Q here: Do you mind? I was going too! Then Miss Cathy R. said the
lawn is long hasn't Miss Donna been here? Mum tolds Miss Cathy R. that
Miss Donna D. had to go to the hospital to have surgery so she had not
been here to help. Sooooooo Miss Cathy R. went out and mowed the front
lawn for mum. Miss Donna is all better, she came this week and got what
Miss Cathy R. did not get to; all done! Mum says we are very lucky to
have so many humans want to help mum take care of us.

Possum here: Suzie Q, I wish you would let me call you Suz! Remember
last month we posted the link to our clinic pictures that Mr. Harry put
up for us? Well mum got a report from the place Mr. Harry put them on
and 1,479 humans went to look at the pictures that were taken that
day!! How can that many people want to see pictures when I am not in
them?

Here is the link in case you missed it.

<http://community.webshots.com/album/563851571pKZvNP>

also If you go to more shelter kid's album then to the last page you
will see our little DMK Munchkin with her new mom. Thanks for posting
that for us Mr. Harry. Munchkin went to live with Miss Susann T. last
month.

Suzie Q here: Here we go again! It is not about YOU!

Possum here: well if it is not about me then how is it that I have 2
boy friends and you have none? Forest and Ralphie think I am just fine.
Ralphie even got sad when he thought I was going to run away with
Isabella's Super Tonks extraordinaire.

Suzie Q here: Big deal you have 2 boy friends, Jill G. came all the way
from Buffalo to play with me and help mum pick up poopy papers. All the
while she was helpen mum, she was playing with me; not you. ME! She did
not play with you did she? You have far away boy friends I have far
away shelter friends that come to play with me! Hump! SO There!

Possum here: Okay so Anyway mum got some really cool pictures from Miss
Lisa and Mr. Peter. They are pictures of the new wall Miss Lisa built
in their apartment; Mr. Peter admittedly says building is not his
thing. . See mum and Miss Donna D. went to their apartment so they
could adopt one of us or more, but mum tolds them that the wall behind
the sofa was too short and anyone they took from here would be up and
over it in a heart beat! The drop is about 18 feet! Ouch! that would
hurt! Heck some of us jump the 29" barriers mum has up so going up on
the sofa and on to the 1/2 wall would be cake dribbled with ferretone
to us! So Miss Lisa and Mr. Peter took mums suggestion and built the
wall up high so we ferrets could not get over it! Mum is trying to
figure out how you guys can get to see it because mum is so thrilled
with the wall. The pictures came to her on paper not the computer. It
is beautiful and mum said it was a brilliant way to keep us from
falling. No one is going over that wall now!!! Way to go Lisa and
Peter! Arnold and Ferris went to their house to live shortly after
the wall was complete. .

Suzie Q here: My turn! Mum gots some new kids in. Mum found 2 fur kids
on the back step of our house on a Saturday morning in a carrier. No
names, no information. So they are called Fred and Ginger, They are
cuties. Then Miss Cathy R. went to pick up a little girl that was found
by the Riga Town ACO. Her name is Daisy May. Miss Cathy was here when
mum got the call from the ACO, Miss Cathy R lives up that way so she
said as long as she was going to be back down for the yard sale the
next day she would bring her down, So mum gots 3 new kids in the
shelter. What do you think Possum we have a pretty long news letter I
guess we better close this one and put stuff we did not cover in the
September news. Mr. Big might not be able to get this new on the FML
if it is much longer.

Possum here: sure we better. So to all of your from all of us! Byeeee
for now .

Suzie Q here: until next month

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
www.ferretfarm.org

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>

Petfinder Page
<http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html>

Shelter Video