From:
Victoria Hadfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 23:38:23 -0400
I urgently need to find an experienced ferret vet, as near to Plymouth, Mass.
as possible.

My ferret, Minima, has had a noticeable lump in her abdomen for a bit more
than a month now.  Since she had previously been diagnosed as having a
slightly enlarged spleen, I supposed that it was just that, and resolved to
have her checked by a ferret vet as soon as I got back to Michigan in the
fall.

A few days ago she became *very* tired and lethargic, flopping to the floor
after walking only a few feet, and wheezing somewhat when she breathed.  Now
she has stopped eating, unless I feed her soft food with an eye dropper (then
she laps it up hungrily).  Even worse, she seems unable to use her litter
box--she tries to frequently, but can only pass a few drops of very soft
stool, or just a few drops of a clear or whitish liquid.  She is getting
thinner, although I have been feeding her with the eyedropper.

I strongly suspect that she may be blocked somewhere in her digestive
system, and would like to get her to a vet ASAP.  Unfortunately, as I'm
living in Massachusetts for the summer, I haven't been able to find any vets
who have experience with ferrets.  Does anyone know of a good ferret vet as
near as possible to Plymouth, MA?  I don't have a car, but could rent one if
necessary.

Also, I'm worried about continuing to feed her.  Obviously she needs food,
but nothing is coming out the other end!  I'm afraid of the consequences of
filling her up when she can't empty herself.  :(

If anyone can help, please send email to [log in to unmask], or call me at
(508) 224-6286.  Feel free to call collect.

Thank you.