From:
Liz Tveite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:32:40 EDT
I, too, agree that ferrets smell great just au natural.  Mine never get a
bath, unless they get into something foul or sticky.  Like our little Bear
yesterday, he happened to be waiting for a handout at my daughter's feet
while she was making toaster waffles.  She was buttering the wafflle and
it happened to fall to the floor.  Well, Bear was between the floor and
the waffle, butter side down.  So poor Bear got his first bath (he didn't
very much care for it).

Anyway.  I just wanted to say I (and our shelter people) only use
detergent that is unscented.  And we don't use dryer sheets (if you must,
try unscented).  As for the lotion, it could be licked off their fur.
These scents may be pleasant to us humans, but to fuzzies with their
sensitive noses --- it can be overpowering.

 Liz T
 ... in the Company of Ferrets, Inc.
 MN