From:
Cindy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:56:06 -0400
Hi everyone!

I have two of the mini kongs for my ferrets and have never had a problem
with them.  I did notice the rubber lip on the small end of the kong the
first time I purchased one, so I took an exacto knife and I cut the lip
off.  The rubber seems to be too tough for my ferrets to chew any bits off
and swallow them.  They like to chase the kongs and play with them but
usually the kongs just get stashed until the next time I pull them out to
play with.  I like the kongs as toys and I know of several other people who
give them to their ferrets as well and they just cut the lip off too.

Just my two cents

Take care,
Cindy Smith
The three kong stashing ferrets - Footsie, Oakley and Lancelot