From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2012 18:18:54 -0400
The first thing that struck me about your post (other than the fact
that you made no mention of taking the sick ferret to the vet) is that
you did not quarantine the new ferret. So many people don't quarantine
and it should always be done. You have no idea what the new ferret
may be carrying, so you need to make sure a new one is healthy (and
hopefully vet checked) before introductions. A good rule of thumb is
to quarantine for 2-3 weeks.

If you haven't already, your sick ferret needs to be taken immediately
to the vet, and I would separate the new one until you find out what is
going on.

Katharine
Florida