From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:31:37 EDT
The only thing I have found proof of from Mr. Lipinski's running posts of
the last two weeks is that he is lucky enough to live in a perfect little
corner of an imperfect world.

Think about it; Never so much as a stress poop?  Super ferrets?  Perfect
diet?  Perfect training?  What has the entire ferret community missed that
he's found there?  Could it be in the water?  The air?  Or just selective
memory?  And why would someone insist on proof of anything when that same
person feels they need not present any of their own?  Smacks of hypocrisy
to me.

Ferret licensing; This thread was dropped before I had a chance to respond.
It's not as bad as some people may think.  NYS used to require a permit for
ferret ownership, but not anymore.  You didn't used to be able to walk into
a pet store and walk out with a ferret, you had to have your permit first
and present it at the time of purchase.  This has ended and the impulse
purchases have flourished.  Now all we need is for MF to stop altering so
we can all quit our jobs and go into full time rescuing and sheltering.
YIP-EEE what fun that will be!!!

After spending over two weeks fighting this "mysterious virus" only to sit
down to catch up on my FML's and see some of the hog-wash being slopped,
well, I guess I've read more than a belly full.  Being called a "traitor
to ferrets", accused of perpetuating extinction, accused of contributing
to the illnesses our ferrets get, having my beloved ferts being labeled as
"butcherd" and "inferior" just because I don't conform to what someone else
THINKS is right.  THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR!!!  I don't subscribe to this list
to be insulted on a daily basis.  I don't think any of us do.  IMO, these
posts are specifically engineered to incite the people on this list.  There
are far more important things that need our attention.  In my part of the
real world we have sick, and needy ferrets.

Remember; What works in a perfect world won't work in the real world where
most of us are forced to reside.

Don't assume people are experts just because they use big words that sound
important.  Some people feel they need to use this practice to impress
others with their intelligence.  Mastery of language "don't mean diddly"
to ferrets or to me.

Those of you on this list who know me can attest to the fact that I don't
usually post with such sarcasm.  I'm usually a "just the facts" kind of
poster.

Those who I respect and admire; please forgive me for stooping so low.

SP