Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:31:56 -0500
Every once in a while I need to mop the kitchen floor, an activity that
both my ferrets view as a group activity.  Yesterday I got out the mop
bucket and filled it with hot water and vinegar.  Meep has to try and jump
in (and has more than once!) then he has to chase that silly mophead all
over the floor.  Finally I got tired of trying to dodge him so that I
wouldn't smack the mop into him and picked him up and put him on my
shoulder.  He makes a very good "Parrot" Ferret!  So he was mostly content
to watch me mop from above.  Then I moved over to the corner where "THEIR"
drawer is.  Daisy has quite a horde of little toys that she deems as hers,
a couple of which are too big to pull under the drawer, but must be kept
RIGHT THERE!  - a little stuffed otter and a stuffed bear riding a reindeer
that she claimed two years ago at Christmas.  Anyway as this was a "quick"
mop job I sort of just pushed them out of the way with the mop.  BAD MOMMA!
This little white head whipped out from under the drawer like a cobra and
latched on to that TERRIBLE, VICIOUS mop and proceeded to try and tear it
apart.  So here I am with one ferret on my shoulder (GO Daisy, Get that
Mop!!  Get it, get it!!!) trying to pry the other ferret off the mop (I
really needed the Jaws of Life!).  Finally she was pulled out from under
the drawer and I managed to get her OFF my mop!  She went back under her
drawer.  Stupid human that I am, I tried to finish the spot I was in when
all this started and out came the Cobra Ferret again (GET AWAY FROM MY
BABIES!!  I'LL TEAR YOU TO PIECES, GRRRR....).  Meanwhile Meep is running
from one shoulder to another like a cheerleader all excited.  I gave up,
grabbed the victorious, mop-eating one and the bouncing furball on my
shoulder and put them in their cage.  Two, sad little faces popped up over
their hammy and looked at me as I walked away........AW Mom....let us out,
we'll be good, we promise!

Karla