From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 05:21:49 -0400
To all who have been posting recently re ferrets climbing in bed, tickling,
scratching, and biting toes.

Squeekers wants me to say that he has been doing this for some time and that
is the way that he gets me up just before sunrise to get carried around in a
fuzzy stocking cap for a 'walk'.  Rocky also used to climb in bed with us
and bite when we tried to go to sleep and to ignore her.  The best solution
that we found was to wear a pair of heavy socks to bed for a while.
Generally also it helps if you can offer some play time to tire them out a
bit so they will snuggle down at the foot of the bed.  There is some danger
of getting rolled over on, if they get too far up near your shoulders.  R&S
seem to know that, sleeping much more soundly between the blanket and the
sheet, than they do if they are right next to us.

P.S. We passed another policeman waiting in his cruiser for the end of the
shift today.  Just a polite yawn from both squeekers and the long arm.  Dad
wanted to wave but didn't quite have the courage.