From:
Meredith Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 23:44:13 EDT
Please include this in the list....hopefully we can make a difference.

ATTENTION ALL FERRET LOVERS!!!

I'm sure you're all aware of the disadvantage us ferret lovers are at due
to the lack of education of the general population.  Too many people have
the preconception that ferrets are mean or bite, simply because they
don't know better.

Verizon Wireless has just pushed the ferret loving community back a giant
leap in fighting these bad impressions of ferrets.  Some of you may have
seen this ad, though I just saw it for the first time tonight.  It
depicted a man sitting on a couch and a ferret sitting on the coffee
table across from him.  They are in a staring contest, and the ferret is
snarling and growling something fierce.  Then, the man sticks his tongue
out at the ferret, and the ferret flies at him and latches onto his
tongue with his teeth.  The man runs around screaming with the ferret
hanging from his tongue.

Needless to say, this ad is disgraceful and mean.  I am urging everybody
who uses Verizon for any services to switch immediately if possible to
any other company.  I am personally cancelling my long distance and DSL
through them.  Also, please join me in writing letters to the president
of Verizon Wirless.

Verizon Wireless
Robert Stott - President
600 Unicorn Park Driveh
Woburn, MA 01801
You can also contact him via email by going to www.verizonwireless.com,
clicking on Contact Us, and going down the bottom to the Executive Office
link.

Anybody in the Massachusetts area who is interested in partaking in a
protest with me, please notify me directly and I will be more than happy
to organize one.

I know there are many fights to fight in the ferret community - but I
feel that this is paramount to all the others.  How can we ask NYC and CA
to legalize ferrets when they are being portrayed as mean and vicious?
If all you can do is write, please do it now and do it often.  Make sure
and include your name because most companies don't take anonymous letters
seriously.  If money's an issue, email is free.  Flood this man's inbox
so he has to take notice.  Please contact every ferret owner/lover you
know and ask them to do the same.  If we all send one letter, imagine how
many that would be?

Help fight for the image of our beloved fuzzies in the eyes of the
public - if you don't, who will?