From:
Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 09:07:05 CST
I was wondering if anyone on the list has heard of or used a product called
Ornacyn-Plus.  It contains "a compounded broad spectrum antibiotic
(erythromycin) plus amino acids and vitamins.  The information says that it
is for the treatment and prevention of respiratory diseases of pet birds.
However, a couple of pet stores around here said that they also use it for
ferrets.  I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this and used it to
treat their ferrets for upper respiratory ailments.  What are the vets
opinions on this??

My next question is regarding a new treat that I found that my ferrets
absolutely love.  It is called Garlick's natural Garlic flavered cat treats.
It is made from real garlic and on the label it says ask your veternarian
about the natural flea and tick protection provided by garlic in your cat's
diet.  Could someone comment on this and tell me how this works and if it is
something that also works for ferrets???

-Deana-(Bear, Bandit, & Gizmo)