From:
Kym Dirks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:26:31 EDT
>If they are going to be left uncaged then they should be confined to one
>room that is entirely theirs and no possible way for them to escape from
>that room to other rooms in the house.  It is just too risky and
>dangerous.

Then why own ferrets?????  Not let them visit you in your living quarters???
NONSENSE!  My ferts have free roam all day of my entire upstairs.  ( I have
a rancher)  It is ferret proofed.  They make make a potty boo-boo or maybe
find a piece of paper or trash and tear it up, but so what?  I wouldn't put
my dog or cat in a separate room without human contact.  I sure wouldn't
want to be kept in one room all the time, so I don't do it to my fuzzy
little pals.  Anyone that lets thier ferrets free roam most the time usually
lets them because they know it's safe.  Rules need to be established for
kids as well as adults.  For instance, watch where you step, watch the door
when opening and shutting, keep full cups of drink OUT OF REACH!  <sigh>
learned that by experience.  Anyway, if ferrets have thier own rooms,
that's fine, but they do need people contact because they like to play
with you too!

Kym and the Zoo Crew