From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 17:27:55 -0400
To the Anonymous Tom who noted that his baby hates treats....

No your baby is not a wierdo -- at least, he is acting the way Rascal (sable
female now about 8 months old) did up until recently.  Until a couple weeks
ago Rascal would eat NOTHING except for IAMS kitten food.  Tried raisins,
tried chicken, tried ferretone, Nutri-cal, cereal -- even tried eating
pieces and then letting her have the rest (!!!) since she was showing so
much interest in all my food and drinks, but no.  Spike would get Ferretone,
chicken, Totally Ferret, and Nutri-Cal whenever her weight starting getting
too low again (she is a bit of a runt), and then Laxatone after she munched
the rubber nipple to her little nuser of ferretone (GRRRR!).  Rascal often
watched, sometimes even interested, but could never be enticed to taste.
How in God's name was I ever going to train her if I couldn't give her
treats!!!  (Don't start with me -- I only spoil them a little).

Then all of a sudden she took a more intense interest in the Laxatone Spike
was getting after munching the rubber nipple, and now that finicky little
monster just LOVES Laxatone and Nutri-Cal, both given vary rarely -- the one
because she has no bowel problems and the other because she is big enough
all ready, thank you very much.

So your baby, too, may also develop a taste for something as he "matures"
(as much as a ferret can ever be said to mature).

Dooks,
daphne