Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:06:47 -0400
Twice in one day.  Wow.  Remember this would happen during 2000, or 2001.
I need time to get it together.

Got this brain storm and I want to have a survey filled out by as many
ferret people and returned to me.  for feel free to post it to board, copy
it and hand it out.  The more responses I get the better organized and
exciting the show will be.

First off, the idea behind this show is to be a CHARITABLE event.  Proceeds
will benefit the SOS fund.  But along with that, we can have several
smaller things going on, like bring a can of food or staple and get two
raffle tickets per item.  Bring in a new human kids toy and get two raffle
tickets, bring in a good used coat get two raffle tickets.  I'd like the
world to see that the Ferret Community has a very large heart.  (Which, by
the way, we do)

If we show people the ferret community cares think of the good press!
Besides, I plan on working each one of those organizations for contacts,
and advertising.

PLEASE SEND ALL RESPONSES TO:  [log in to unmask]

1. Would you be willing to attend a Championship show in Cleveland?

2. When would you like to see the show happen?  Summer, winter, fall,
   spring

3. Would discounts to local attractions be of interest?  Rock & Roll hall
   of Fame, Sea World, Zoo, Science Center, Children's Museum, ect

4. Would you show?                    How many ferrets?

5. Would you be interested in a vendor/club/shelter table?

6. What type of fun matches?

7. Would you be interested in attending seminars by vets, well known fert
   people, shelter people?

8. Would you be willing to donate staple food for the Hunger Center?  A
   new human kids toy for Toys for Tots?  A good used coat for Coats for
   Kids?  A bag of dog or cat food for the dog and cat shelters?

9. Would you participate in games?  I.E. Dunk the shelter operator,
   Ferret Bingo
   Suggestions for other games

10. Would you be willing to donate an item for a raffle?

11. Would you be willing to purchase raffle tickets?
    Participate in a 50/50 raffle?

12. What specialty classes would you like to see?

13. Do you have any suggestions that would make this a world class event?

14. If you live in the area, would you be willing to help organize, set
    up, tear down, and run the event?

If you would like info on the show when it happens mailed to you please
list your name, snail mail, and email.

Thanks folks.  I think we can make this a great event, and get it some
national coverage if handled right and show the world we are not all
"fringe".  (But I kinda like being fringe)

Hug the fur angels.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited/the Raisin Retreat Ferret Shelter