From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:09:13 -0700
Deperate to get our adoptables ready for new families, Ferret Friends
reluctantly has started taking them to the best ferret vet intown for
Fervac-D distemper shots.  I took a group of three this morning.  Only
two are coming home alive.  Big cuddly Zeus, who had surgery for a big
mast cell tumor on his nose and also a rabies shot, couldn't take the
Fervac, had the worst reaction the vet has seen, and passed to the
rainbow bridge shortly thereafter in spite of attempts to save him.  His
cagemate also reacted but is hopefully ok.  The little albino girl who
also shared his life had no reaction.  Tomorrow I am taking in three
more, all about a year and a half old.  I'll report after that.

Curses on Merial for halting production of the Purevax.

Carol O.,
Ferret FRiends of Tucson