From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:28:33 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was busy cleaning up de
mess de kits had left in de cottage when she heard a bang hit de
cottage door. She ran to de door and opened it. Dere to her surprise
was a crumpled up fuzzy. Yes, it seemed dat Dexter, de little boy
courier had returned. He managed to uncrumple himself and she helped
him up and he said,

Hi, SawaFewwet, gee you must've moved your door since I was last here.
I has a note from de Boss. A fewwet is cwossing de Bwidge and you must
huwwy and gweet him. Is dere anything yous wants me to do?"

SaraFerret thought to herself dat life was getting back to normal at de
Bridge once again as Dexter was back to his old goofy self. She took de
note and read it and sent Dexter to fetch de requested one and headed
for de entrance hoping dat Dexter would get de right one instead of a
rabbit or a skunk as he had done in times past.

I was just in time to see a sparsely furred white chubby fuzzy making
his way across. As he reached de entrance he grabbed ahold of de post.
But I touched him gently with my paw and told him,

"Please do not be afraid. I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter.
Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Here you will have no more pain or
suffering and you will run on green grass forever. You will have all
the food you want to eat. Did I mention the fun and games? And oh yes,
lotsa of friends to play with."

Den de fuzzy began to slowly let go of de post and said, "Really! You
mean all the food I want! But really right now I would settle for just
getting myself back together and my hurts all fixed."

Then all of a sudden POOF! The fuzzy became the beautiful champagne he
once was and he looked at hisself and he felt all over and he said,

"How did you do that? I don't even hurt anywhere anymore. Oh yeah, I
forgot to introduce myself. Sorry. My name is Linus and I had the best
Mommy and Daddy in the whole world. Do you know them? They were always
so good to me. Say, you guys don't have needles or vets here do you? I
don't see anyone here but you are you sure I will have someone here to
play with? I don't want to be all by myself here. I am so used to Mommy
and Daddy and my other friends at home."

"Linus" I replied. "I know you have lotsa of questions and I will do my
best to answer them. I don't know your Mommy and Daddy. I am sure them
were so very good to you. We don't have needles or vets here as once
you are here we don't get sick any more. Please trust me you will have
a friend to play with. And I tell you what do you see these wings on my
shoulders, you will get your very own pair. They are so perfect for
flying about de heavens--it sure beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

So off we went down de garden path, but right before we got dere, who
should we meet but Franklin. Linus was so surprised. "Franklin" he
said. "I thought SaraFerret was telling me stories. Now I know she
wasn't." So we continued on down de path to de Wing House where de
wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box
marked Linus (of course). He opened de box and took out de wings-- NEON
Blue with Black streaks. I helped him put on his wings and Franklin
adjusted his halo. Den he ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at his
reflection. He could see he was no longer de chubby champagne he had
been but a handsome champagne youthful fuzzy. Den he turned to me and
said, "Gee I wish Mommy and Daddy could see me now." Den I gots an
idea.

So we went out de door and went down de road to de Misting Pond and sat
down beside de cool clear water. With one swish Linus saw de vision of
Mommy Cheryl and Daddy John and Barry appear. He started waving and
dooking with all of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for trying to
save me. I don't hurt at all any more. I have my beautiful fur back
now. I have wings now and soon I will be able to fly. And I will be
able to eat anything I want. And guess what Franklin is here to be with
me so I won't be so lonely here. I promise to visit you one day in your
dreams."

Den he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we left dere and went to dere new cottage where we saw a party was
going. Mercy, dere was fuzzies a-dancing. Linus's eyes sparkled. He was
truly amazed at all de activity. Of course Franklin and I weren't. We
went inside de cottage. De food was laid out. Dere was de usual
fixings: sweet iced tea, cold pepsis, squirt cheese and crackers, m&m's
(you know, all those things forbidden to a fuzzy on earth). Some of de
fuzzies gathered around to hear de newest arrival's experiences from
earth (it had been a while since dey had been dere). I stayed for a
while. But den I said my good byes. I knew dat Linus had made it safely
to his new forever home

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter