From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:25:53 -0700
Hi all,

I've been meaning to post for a week now, and say how well our pet store
"rescue" from back 2q31o0p (that was Rachel adding a coded message to the
FLO :-) in January is integrating into our business.  Alexis now sleeps with
Rafael nearly every night!  This is major improvement for a ferret who ran
from both him and Rachel for a good month!

However, disaster struck on Thursday night, Rachel had icky runny diarrhea
(hope no one is eating while reading this!) and then vomitted profusely.
She was dehydrated and refusing food so my fiance took her to the emergency
vet, who kept her overnight (she was kind enough to provide a fecal sample
all over the vet's floor and table... my fiance said he was impressed with
her range!!).

We've just picked her up, and I don't mean to second guess the vet who
looked after her, but considering I haven't even spoken to the man I'm a
little nervous about her treatment.  According to one of the clinic workers,
the test for a bacterial intestinal infection came out negative.  However
we've been sent home with Chlor Palm to administer twice daily for two
weeks.  Like I said I haven't spoken to the vet, so I'm wondering what this
medication is intended to treat, and what the diagnosis was!!  I can't call
the vet until Monday, which is the same hours as my own vet (although I'm
going to try tomorrow, just on the off chance).

Can anyone enlighten me on the use of this medication?

many thanx in advance!!

jackie

ps Since we got home Rachel has eaten and drank and pooped a pinkish, but
sort of solid poop, and is currently running all over the place, and war
danced with me once or twice, so I'd say she is feeling better, YAY!!