From:
AnThRaX270 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:57:23 -0700
When cleaning my cage, it really depends on the level of nastyness. I
have a Ferret Nation cage model 142 (the 2 story one) If the cage is
really nasty (usually from feeding whole prey or someone to lazy to use
the litter box) I will take both trays out and scrape off all the big
stuff with a scraper. Then I tend to use Clorox Cleanup spray and paper
towels to clean it, most of the time I let it dry really good then take
my Bissell Steam Mop and go over it real good. The reason I use both
cleaning methods is because the Bissell don't do the raised lip on the
pans. so that where the Clorox comes in handy. after I steam mop them I
make sure they are cool to the touch and let them dry completely before
putting in the bedding. I have used Windex on my cage before I got the
steam mop, it works pretty well, the ammonia in it kills bacteria.
(never use Windex and clorox or any type of bleach together).

Hope this helps....

Gerald, and his 6 Fur Kids
Macy, Rambo, Diesel, Pepsi, Bitsy, and Betty Boop