From:
Angela Dixon <[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:23:35 -0500
Hi All,
I'm Francois Dylan [Piranha (new mom added that)].  Perhaps you remember
me.  I was in a pet store and VERY unhappy.  A wonderful person rescued
me and later gave me to Shelter Mom Alicia.  Well, now I have a new
permanent home and while I have all I could possibly want (4 friends,
great food and treats, tons of toys, and even my own bunk bed), I have
one thing to say.....I want to nominate my new mom for the "Mean Mom of
the Year" Award.

Why?... you say.... I'll tell you why...

Is it not my job to inspect, examine, investigate, and otherwise
scrutinize all I come in contact with?  Is it not my responsibility to
ensure all things are personally ferret-tested by me?  Well here's my
story and I'm stickin' to it.....

We have ceramic bowls full of yummy food.  Of course I had to make sure
the bowl was capable of holding all that food, so I had to literally 'get
to the bottom' of it.  I worked very hard, diligently redepositing all
that food around the bowls and across the room..  Digging is hard work,
folks.  Just ask any ferret.  Personally, I think it tastes better on the
carpet anyway.  Well, mom caught me and you can't imagine what she did...
she put the food BACK in the bowls and gave me a stern talking to.  She
obviously didn't appreciate all my hard work.

That's not all.  There's more.  We also have ceramic water bowls.  After
performing a thorough investigation of the bottom of the bowls (of course
I had to tip the bowls over to get the water out), I found them to be
free of leaks.  Was mom proud of me?  NO.  Can you believe what she did
when she caught me for the third time?  She laughed.  She laughed at
me...and changed the bowls to purple plastic non-tip bowls.  Can you
imagine that!!!!

Yes, of course I tested them.  No, they do not tip over.

So...for the reasons of stifling my curiosity, hindering my natural
instinct to dig and tip ( the big plastic turtle filled with shredded
newspaper and toys just isn't the same as food and water), and generally
suppressing my ability to have fun, I nominate my mom for the "Mean Mom
of the Year" Award.

The newest of Angela's Angels,
F.D.Piranha

F.D.Piranha -  'Hey, that shelf looks mighty enticing'
Zena   -       "Wow..a pool...how fun'
Sassy   -      'Go for it.  I'm right behind ya'
Ted   -        'Yup, it does taste better from the carpet'
Cocoa   -      'I told ya you'd get caught, didn't I?'