From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 21:53:32 -0400
Someone in the Bristol, CT area needs to place her 4 ferrets for health
and financial reasons. Two are advanced adrenal cases. FACT will take
them into our shelter and put them into our foster program. But we are
seriously overloaded and are asking if someone can step forward to take
the other two who have special needs.

I have not met the ferrets as yet so have very little information about
them other than that the male, Hercules is deaf and has cataracts. The
female who he's bonded with, Xena, is a biter. I gather these two had
been abused prior to the current owner taking them. Given the
circumstances, these are a couple of ferrets that need to go into an
experienced home with the patience and knowledge to work with Xena. I
suspect that the present owner was not experienced enough to help her
work through her issues. And while apparently healthy, Hercules will
need a special home.

I will try to get more information re ages, etc. We are trying to avoid
having these ferrets bounce around if at all possible though if an area
shelter can take them we'd sincerely appreciate the help.

Connecticut Humane Society is now (AT LAST!!) taking and adopting out
ferrets which is fine with us and fine for the readily adoptable. But
the special needs and sick ones are coming to FACT along with ACO
foundlings.

If anyone thinks they are up to the challenge and have room in their
household and heart, please get in touch with me directly.

Thanks in advance.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of CT