From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:10:11 -0400
Dear Ms. Fox,

I can not personally address all of the issues you are questioning,
however, as someone who has adopted two of the Hagerstown Ferrets I can
at least give you an update on those two.

Connor (formerly Hagerstown Ferret "H" -aka- "the boy with the bad foot")
and Veruca (formerly Hagerstown Ferret "Karen") came home August 15,
2003.  Both were altered, ADV tested, and brought UTD on vaccinations
(both Distemper and Rabies) prior to leaving Rocky's.  Both kids still
had their stitches when they came home, so they were indeed altered, and
I have the paperwork from Falls Road Animal Hospital to prove all of the
above.

Both kids have had "issues" (a lot of fear....fear of everything, food
aggression, etc.) but they are coming along nicely and are doing well.

According to my vet, Connor's foot deformity is a birth defect.  With
time, love and attention I have no doubt that all of the Hagerstown
Ferrets will make wonderful companion animals.  However, they are not, in
my opinion, what would be considered as "good breeding stock".  I simply
can not imagine anyone wanting to continue the breeding of these animals.

Rather then continue the rumor spreading, which does no good for anyone
(particularly the Ferrets), you might try contacting Barb Clay and/or
visiting Rocky's yourself in order to put your fears to rest.

--
Karen McCabe
http://www.animalsoup.net