From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 14:36:06 -0500
Hi.

We just got a very tearful call from a woman in Salem, Illinois. She
had just lost her last ferret (of three) and had seen our website
online. She wanted to donate her baby`s things to our sanctuary.
Problem is, she lives about seven hours away from us.

There is a three level cage, and she has several jars of baby food,
some blankies, hammies, a new litterbox, and enalapril & furosemide
(just opened.)

Kurt & I both asked her if she was sure she would never ever want
another ferret again--thinking that maybe she would reconsider, after
the pain lessened a bit. She sobbed heartbrokenly, saying she just
couldn`t go through this again. (It sounds like she did very well by
her ferrets, and loved them with all her heart. She traveled two hours,
just to take them to the vet!!)

We promised to post here, in hopes of finding a shelter closer to her,
so she could donate her furchild`s things.

If you are a shelter near Salem, Il, please email us at
and we will put you in touch with Melody.

Thanks much.
Love, Zoo