From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:16:26 -0600
Stephanie;

Tricks and Treats Rescue in Houston has been blessed with a couple of
grants lately.  I totally understand your need for funds for the babies
as it seems as fast as the money comes in it's gone to the vet ... heck
I just have it sent directly there..  why should I have to worry about
it... Noni and Linda are such a good office managers they just take
care of that for me..  but I want all of you rescues out there to know
that there are corporate resources out there that WILL help.  If
you have a volunteer (and if you don't GET THEM)... who works for a
company/corporation ask them to check with their company about local
charitable grants.

As an employee of Williams Gas Pipeline and giving time to Tricks and
Treats Rescue (well in my case running it) Williams has a "homegrown
giving" grant program where I apply each quarter for a grant and so
far have received one both quarters that I've applied.  Williams has 2
stipulations.  1) the money can only be used for the things I listed
on my application as needs - which turns out to be vet bill, food,
medication, cages, toys and treats.  and 2) I report back annually a
statement of where the money went - so they know they're not funding
that elusive trip to the Bahamas I'll never get to take... LOL.  So I get
"my vet" to send me a cumulative statement of account and then I send it
to the Williams Corporate office.  Soon I will send pics and more too ...
the manger said she would love that and I certainly love to talk
ferret...

Oh one more thing they want and it's little enough to do - is give credit
where credit is due..  they want me to post anywhere I see fit that THEY
have helped..  I'll shout their name to the Heavens if it'll keep getting
me grants for my orphans... WILLIAMS WILLIAMS WILLIAMS Gas Pipeline!
THANK YOU so very much.

Now -- I also have a volunteer who works for EXXON/Mobile.. same story ..
with a 10 hr per month volunteer investment she applied for and got us a
grant from them.  I am 501c3b under the umbrella protection of S.O.S.  --
they receive and administer the checks -- and send them to my vets - all
I do is keep records on intake and adoption of ferrets, the vets have the
medical records - there is no question about misuse of the funds... good
deal!  so THANK YOU S.O.S.  and too many people to list here and still
hope this will post for making rescuing easier for me!

Now also look up ANY CORPORATION in your area ESPECIALLY in your area...
MANY ... I mean many of them will have grant programs.  We hold education
events and educate a lot of the public -- that is another program many
corporations look for when awarding grants...

If you're honest and at least somewhat organized you can get help for the
ferrets... and that will take less from your pockets so you will have
more of your own money to take care of personal business... I hope this
helps... and if you want to talk to me call me or email me... I'm Vicki;
contact in signature.  I'll help all I can to help you find
grants.ferretfrenzy on yahoo.com (written that way on purpose to thwart
spammer email searchs).

Vicki
Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue