From:
Heather Archambeault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:53:24 -0900
My intention was never to debate kibble vs. natural foods, that is a
whole different topic. My point from the beginning, was that feeding
live prey to ferrets does NOT make them aggressive. I AM speaking from
first hand experience.

I will, continue to offer assistance/direction to someone who is
interested in feeding raw &/or whole prey (it does not have to be
live) to their ferret(s). (Feel free to send me a message.) =-)

There are so many resources out there to help you decide if you want
to offer your ferret a more natural diet. Here's just a few to get you
started.

(This first link has a ton of info, plus members will be more than
willing to answer any questions. You will NOT be pressured to switch if
you do not want to. If you do want to offer a more natural diet, there
are mentors who will guide you through the transtion. The focus here is
to educate people on the benefits of providing more natural care for
your ferrets. There's also other natural care info, besides feeding.)

http://holisticferret.proboards80.com/index.cgi

www.NaturalFerrets.com

http://exoticpets.about.com/od/ferretcare/i/naturaldiets.htm

http://www.exotichobbyist.com/NaturalFerret.html

I will not continue debating with someone who have no experience in
feeding live prey to animals, nor with their contradictions that first
says ferrets can be right along side of a rodent & just want to play,
then says just the scent of prey can make them aggressive. There's no
point.

Natural feeding does take more effort, but the payoffs are tremendous.
Kibble has come a long way, & there are some out there that are far
better than many others. Whatever you chose to feed, research is they
key to finding what's best for your ferret.