Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:46:22 -0400
Hi Henry !

RE: Right now I use Marshall Ferret Food.  Both of them eat well, go to the
bathroom well, and seem to be in tip top shape.  They are 4 months old now,
and weigh over 2 pounds each.  They are almost full length, but nice and
lean like active ferrets should be.

If your ferrets are healthy, then I wouldn't change a whole lot.  The one
thing I wish we had done with our older ferret, Meep, though is to introduce
him to MORE foods at a young age.  The problem is that he now refuses all
new foods/snacks and this is a worry if he gets ill.  It isn't unheard of
for ferrets to refuse food all together and put themselves at risk of
starvation if "their" foods aren't available.  Our youngest fuzzy, Daisy, is
a garbage ferret and will eat almost anything offered (which we do within
reason)

RE: Ferret Litter.  I have heard that cedar oils can cause problems.

My understanding is also that cedar and pine oils both can cause problems
with the ferrets' skin and I have avoided them.  After trying a few
different litters, we are using Ferret's Favorite Litter which is a corn-cob
based litter and are very pleased with it.  The odor absorption is great and
the ferrets have no objection to using it.  It tends to run a little more
expensive per pound, but there is a greater volume per pound, and can go
longer in the litter pans around the house (with scooping) making it pretty
comparable cost wise.

RE: Ferret Supplies.

I do almost all of our ferret supply shopping at the Ferret Store -
www.theferretstore.com and have found them to be generally competitive price
wise and their shipping time is usually under a week, sometimes less.

Sounds like you are a great ferret parent!

Karla
Meep and Daisy