From:
fredi slaugenhaupt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:57:49 -0400
I am about to expose some good news about Doug McKay's ferret
"raising". This is NOT to get everyone all fired up again. This is
just to let all of you know that something IS being done. And it's
about time.

I emailed Sheriff Brenneman last night demanding something to be done
with the ferrets at Doug McKay's.

Here was his reply:

"The Morrow County Humane Agent, the Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources,
and the Ohio Dept of Agriculture have all been monitoring the
operations Doug McKay's. Currently the licensing for his operations
goes through the Dept. of Agriculture. It is my understanding that he
is out of compliance with them and has a deadline to get things taken
care of."

Sheriff Brenneman

         -------

I replied asking him if the requirements weren't met by the deadline if
the ferret would be taken away and put into a nice shelter. I am still
waiting for a reply.

I just figured I'd share this with all of you.