From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:35:56 +1300
Salutations,

I have been reflecting on the vastly different personalities of my three
ferrets.  Despite some of their not so good habits I love them all.
However I couldn't help thinking that my number two ferret Grover has got
to be the closest thing to the perfect ferret that you could ever hope to
find...

* He never bites.  Not even nibbles or lick lick chomp.  He does grab my
  hand with his mouth when we play rough and he is extremely excited but
  nothing I would classify as a bite.
* He loves to play with humans or other ferrets.
* He never scratches my carpet.  Well actually that's not quite true, about
  three scratches in the two years I've had him.
* He never chews things.
* He is not a fussy eater.
* He has a 100% litter box hit rate.  Even to the point of going all the
  way back to his cage litter pan, despite having several other ports of
  call around the house.
* He doesn't stash my things away, (like Thor does with my socks), though
  he does sometimes stash a bit of food away for later.
* Although he is nowhere near being a lap ferret, he will let you hold him
  and pet him for a lot longer than most ferrets.
* He doesn't dig in the food bowl or litter pan.
* He is as fit as a fiddle - no medical problems.  Thought something was
  up with his tail a month or so ago, but this has passed.

There is probably a lot more I haven't thought of, but you get the picture.
The most amazing thing about this ferret is that he has been like this
since day one (he has been with me almost two years).  He is an SPCA rescue
and hardly a day goes by when I don't think about the hows and whys that
such a sweet natured ferret was not claimed (even after three weeks) and
how lucky I was to have him come into my life.

I love them all, but Grover, my first rescue, will always have a soft spot
in my heart.  I often refer to him as my Ambassador Ferret.

Regards,
-David &
Thor (Why is getting onto the shelf in the fridge not OK?!?)
Grover (Head scratches are the best!)
Lady Penelope (A little lick lick chomp never hurt anyone!)