From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:26:56 -0500
Hi ..

I was wondering if anyone has a wood stove *AND* ferrets?

If so ..  any special way to "train" them to stay away from it when it's
hot??

We just installed ours this weekend and out of my 6, a couple have the
smarts to stay away -- right from the start!  But then there's ..  Albert.
And Albert, well ... Albert is Albert!  Unlike his cousins, he's a tad bit
slow on the uptake!

We held the others next to it, they didn't like it, and didn't come back.
But not Albert .. he *KEEPS* coming back.

I'd hate to keep them locked up in their room while the stove is running ..
there's GOT to be some way to teach them without scorching them!?!??  I
would have thought just the heat would keep them away (and for most of them
it does), and then there's this Albert guy ...