Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:53:40 -0700
>I need a safe way to go from Tonopah, Nv to Bishop, Ca. Any one made
>that drive recently?

I am thinking you would go West on US 6 from Tonopah to state 773. take
this to state 264...go South to Oasis. Note: NV state turns from 264 to
Cal state 266 as you enter California. At Oasis, go West on state 168
to Big Pine. Go right on 395 to Bishop. Do note..there are several 6000
foot plus passes on this route, and I don't know what shape the highway
is in..it IS paved, but could be rough as it is snowbound in the
winter. I don't remember seeing any ag stations along that route..but
you do go through Fish Lake Valley, home of the legendary Cord Ranch
and Chiatovich Creek, best Poke pole fishing in the state! Have camped
there (and fished) for over 40 years! (At the base of Boundary Peak,
highest point in Nevada!)

MC (From all over Nevada! Homes in Reno and Pahrump!)