From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:57:45 -0500
We've had a number of people ask already, including some by phone...

Yes, that is Steve at
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,61242,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_3

so you can find not only links to his blog and to the Omenti site (the
company Steve, several friends, and a fine board of advisors have been
working to get going), but if you have an i-pod you can read about the
possible origin of jack sharing.  Steve has been asking around for a
while, and as far as we know the person who began the trend is the woman
who also walks around our area with her i-pod and began sharing with all
the other local i-pod users.  We don't even know her name but Steve meets
and shares music with her on the sidewalk maybe once a week, but some of
the more regular neighborhood jack sharers are sharing music daily now.

There are a few errors in the article, but, hey, that comes with the
territory and the majority of it is smack dab on, as are the major
points.  I found it a very fun read which moves fast and says a lot.  The
author researched and wrote it very rapidly.  I am jealous of that level
of ability.

We're learning things, too!  For instance, Jen with four ferrets whose
last names all begin with "Z" takes WONDERFUL ferret photos.  Are you
here on the FML, Jen?

It was good to have something to laugh about; we've learned that
Ashling's problem is maybe carcinoma, and Steve's dad is facing
radiation soon for a new serious health difficulty.

Oh!  We just got some more good news!  Just before I was to hit "send" a
very dear friend who was thought to maybe have a terminal complication to
a health problem just called and she has been told that she does not have
the fatal complication.

This is a good night.