From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:56:02 EST
Hi everyone!  Last time I wrote I was looking all over the place for
shelters that had ferrets, including every S.P.C.A. within 75 miles.  Two
months into this search, and still no luck...Well I knew I had to get a
friend for Jitterbug, my 8 month old Siamese girl.  She's very energetic,
and always gets bored after running around for a while.

Last night my parents and I went to the pet store with my 4 year old nephew
we were babysitting.  Right up front was the cutest little ferret-a really
chubby female with an evident bandit mask, very dark brown hair, and even
darker feet and legs.  Her face was really chunky and sweet-looking, with a
nose that looked almost scrunched up into her chunky cheeks!  There was a
couple there looking at him, and a worker there tried to hand the ferret to
the wife, who pushed it away and said she hated ferrets and would not have
anything to do with them.  The husband was a bit more sympathetic and
cuddled the furrball, telling the worker he would probably be back the next
day to get it.  Well, knowing how emotions run in my family, we just knew
we couldn't let that poor thing go to an unloving home.  So we cuddled it
ourselves, and fell instantly in love, so to say.  We brought her home
immediately:)

Jitterbug was very curious upon seeing her, and sniffed her all up and gave
her little kisses.  I'm keeping them in separate cages for now until I'm
sure she is healthy enough and ready to be brought together with Jitterbug.
Jitters seems to have taken over a mother instinct, and drags her by the
scruff of the neck under the couch.  I've had to tear them a part a few
times though because Jitters is getting too rough on the little one's ears.

And by the way, I named her "Bojangles" after one of my favorite songs by
The Byrds.

-Mickey
Jitterbug: "Hey Mom-what's this thing you brought home?  Can I keep her..
please!!
Bojangles: "I don't know about you, but I think you're a pretty young
ferret to be my mommy!"