Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:10:31 -0400
First off, I'd like to thank publicly those who sent me condolences
regarding the passing of my beloved fur kid, Kristos.  I just got home from
Florida and will be making personal thanks yous today, but I wanted to get
a thank you out immediately.  I rave to my friends about what a wonderful
and warm hearted group we have here.  It never ceases to amaze me that such
a group exists.

Now, my weird thing.

When I got home today, I immediately went in to hug all my fur kids.  I
let all 8 out at once and we had a *dooking* and *dancing* reunion.  It
immediately put a smile on my face.  BUT Kristos's cagemate disturbed me a
little.  He was sooooooo skinny!  BUT there's poops in the box, and I have
personally witnessed him eating.  It was a tough time this coat change,
losing winter weight and having ECE at the same time.  Good Will's stomach
is actually concave and his ribs are showing through.  Immediately I
grabbed a pack of ensure vanilla pudding and he ate about 1/2 of it.  This
will be a ritual for the next few weeks until he puts his weight back on.
(side note: he joined in the dance and is exploring everything just like a
normal ferret).  The weird thing, though, is... his coat has turned a dusty
brownish-gray.  Not the tail, not the head, JUST the body turned almost
totally gray.  I've been told that he just had a coat change, but I also
knew he was going crazy when my friend found Kristos had passed on in the
cage with him.  It's not possible that it's a "Sixth Sense" kinda thing
where he grew gray a gray patch from shock, is it?  Gosh, am I a worry wart
or what?  I love my fur kids, and I thought I'd always be there for them no
matter what, and I guess the guilt is getting to me for not being there for
Kristos.  I was also just talking to another ferret friend who mentioned
how much she loved Sandee's posts and how she thought it was the biggest
act of generosity she's ever witnessed on the FML.  I agree wholeheartedly
and was wondering, what is the history of Sandee and how she/he came to be?

Warmest Regards,
Dee